Most of the daily stressors typically have to do with the issues of control. In many cases we expend much time and energy trying to influence and in some cases also to manipulate situations which we have no control over.
This is what letting go of stress is all about focusing on the self rather than on events, illnesses and people within our environment that we cannot change.
Recognizing and letting go of stress is possible, with some skillfully applied effort.
Stress can be caused by many factors which include the concern about our state of health and wellbeing and daily life situations which can become the cause of future malaise and lack of wellbeing.
Consider these 12 skill to recognize stress in your daily life situations:
1. Take few moments at the start and/or at the end of each day to sit quietly and meditate, feel or reflect on how you are, how do you feel, ”who you are” and where you are going in your life. As little as 5 minutes goes a long way.
2. Learn to respond varefully rather than react to situations which you find upsetting or in which you perceive a violation to your spaces as an individual. In our chaotic society, often it could happen that we perceive a reduction of our personal zone of comfort. just Be aware and move on.
3. Learn to refine your expectations and build a healthy tolerance toward situations that often disturb your inner balance and your daily life in a systematic way.
4. Randomly give yourself positive feedback by way of daily affirmations to validate your own self-esteem and worthiness. self-esteem, means caring to ourselves and it needs regular attention. This practice may seem awkward at first, but give it a try.
5. Balance your scale of emotions reframing situations under many point of views and also learning to find the comic side in some situation. Sometimes by mapping situation with some humor into daily routine can help to release stress around the situation itself.
6. Nurture the connectedness with people in your circle of relationships. If you feel that your personal network is lacking in support, then take the time to meet new people with similar interests and build new supporting relationships.
7. Learn to resolve issues and concerns with others when they arise, through peaceful and diplomatic dialogue rather than aggression or avoidance.
8. Learn to recognize and become comfortable with all your emotions. practice obsevation instead of judging in order to then try to describe mentally (mental maps) and in behaviorally specific terms what is going on. yhis process is also called O–D–I–S (Observe–Describe–Interpret–Suspend Evaluation) analysis.
9. Create the habit to exercise to put off any residual Stress Hormones which may be circulating in your body after a stressful day. When the motivation is low, remember, walking is enough to be considered a good form of exercise. Better yet if you can do it in nature. You can also schedule short period of fasting (1 or 2 days) to depurate the organism.
10. For the same reason above, learn to take short breaks in the course of each working day to relax through meditation and breath meditatation (simply listening of your breath) and give your body a chance to return to a normal resting state.
11. Exercise your creativity in daily life. Draw, write,listen to music, sing, dance, cook, etc. You can atart from the simplest activities. Create your life at every as it was a masterpiece.
12. Set new challenging goals. Visualize where you are and where you want to be in the future. We all can only take action just in the present moment and it is in the present moment that we can also plan our future. So don’t stop to ”cry over spilled milk” and start to build a clear vision about what you want to experience, be, create right now. To havw a vision about ourselves in the future is a powerful stress management skill to adopt.
The creation of a Stress Management Strategy is a very personal undertaking, because no two People are alike. If you need a support with handling yours own Stress, a personalized method to map situations in your daily life, and/or to individuate your purposes in order to set meaningful goals, Schedule a life and/or mindfulness coaching consultation filling the module at this Link.
Author: Cristina Capucci